Nov 5, 2009

Soulmate, New Savage Garden?

I stared at this album cover for a looong looong time because I thought it’s familiar…


"Colors Melody & Harmony" Single Cover

It was like a deja vu of some sort then I remembered something! I went to my old rack of CDs because I was really curious then guess what I just found out…

Savage Garden!

Savage Garden's Self-titled Debut Album Cover


It’s been along time! It’s more than 10 years since I bought their album. It raked awards and a multi-platinum CD to where I’m at.

If I can have them side by side, the similarities just show.


Both of the covers are in black and white and with only half of the side the subjects’ bodies are seen side by side. I don’t know if they got they got this as some sort of inspiration but I just found out that Micky also listens to Darren Hayes posted as his background music on his Cyworld. I also don’t know if they realize the similarity between Darren and Jaejoong’s voice. If one will listen to them closely, they both can attain high pitches and can sing different octaves in a song. I bet that if only Joongie can sing Truly Madly Deeply in English, it would just sound like the original. Yoochun is also similar to Daniel since he likes to play piano, keyboards and some instruments plus he backs up Joongie’s with his smexy voice. I found these likeness astounding!

Shared by: jaechunsoulmate@blogspot

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

XD...like I said I really love this comparasion...

meatbun said...

thank you!

soulmate's_shipper said...

OMG!! this is awesome!! i love savage garden too!! i dont usually listen to boyband :cough cough: this band is one of my all time favorite!!

Anonymous said...

XD...let's celebrate XD...and do a savage soulmate party XD

Anonymous said...

WOW! what a keen observation.
I used to listen to savage garden years ago. But I didn't realize that our soulmate's single cover has similarity with them.

Btw, it seems that JCS has a new blog author again, ne?! Hi meatbun *waves* nice to meet u *shakes hands* I'm Mei. I'm an old stalker of this blog ;-)

meatbun said...

@soulmate's_shipper: hi. ^.^ yes, me too. they are one of my favorite bands too. their songs are a classic!

@the_rice_flower: wooohooo~! let's get it on! *dnaces with the music* ^__^

@jaemeijin: thanks. :-D i didn;t realize there is a similarity after hours of staring at COLORS. LOL

hi! hi! *waves back* *shakes hands* nice to meet you, mei. hope i can live to everybody's expectations. XD

beanscurd said...

k~
I love them both~ XD their songs are GREAT~ even though it's been 10 years, I keep playing savage garden's songs~ XD

Anonymous said...

@mei: yes I'm lucky we have a new blog author ^^..

@Len: :P...I like them a lot too ^^...at some point I was sort of addicted to truly madly deeply :P

Anonymous said...

@ meatbun: がんばって. I'm sure u will do ur best^^

@ lily unni: I feel sad because I didn't do anything to help you with this blog. But now, I'm so glad you are not alone anymore unni. Since there are Zam & meatbun here, I hope you can share more time for your school & your family.

@ Everyone: Talking about savage garden, don't you think their "I know I loved you" song match our ChunJae so well?
*starts humming the song:"...There's just no rhyme or reason. Only the sense of completion. And in your eyes, I see the missing pieces I'm searching for..."*

Anonymous said...

@mei: well it's ok...at least it's good to know that if you would have time you would help :P...just keep on visiting this blog from time to time :P *hugs*